Cosmetic Items

Recently you may have noticed that the client automatically downloads a resource pack from the server upon connecting (or at least it did it once or twice). That’s a server-specific resource pack I’m putting together, based on one called Blue Haven – Items. The pack enables some cosmetic options for items and equipment. It also adds some custom loot.

It’s all based on item names. You can change the name of any item you’re currently holding by using the /rename command. The command can handle spaces, so to change the name of your Diamond Axe to ‘Diamond Chainsaw,’ the command would be ‘/rename Diamond Chainsaw‘.

This applies to a lot of items. Everything you can do by default is documented here:

BH Items: Armor Guide

BH Items: Weapons Guide

BH Items: Tools Guide

BH Items: Food Guide

BH Items: Mob Drops Guide

BH Items: Fish Guide

 

I’ve added some other stuff of my own. You can, as mentioned, rename Iron and Diamond axes to ‘Iron Chainsaw’ or ‘Diamond Chainsaw’ respectively to get a chainsaw instead. You can also append ‘Invisible’ to any armor (i.e. Invisible Diamond Chestplate, Invisible Iron Helmet, etc.) to make it not show up for you.

You can also rename your Elytra if you have one to change its appearance when equipped. The options are:

  • Angel Elytra
  • Demon Elytra
  • Dragonfly Elytra
  • Eagle Elytra
  • Golden Beetle Elytra
  • Green Beetle Elytra
  • Purple Beetle Elytra
  • Green Dragon Elytra
  • Red Dragon Elytra
  • Greenwing Macaw Elytra
  • Phoenix Elytra

 

To make use of any of this, you need to have Optifine installed. The easiest way to get it is by using the Technic Modpack tailored to the server.

WorldEdit

Replacing the walls of tunnels is a drag. So is building that initial cobblestone frame. WorldEdit alleviates some of that. I’ve enabled the most useful commands for survival mode to let you bang out the more tedious stuff more quickly.

Normally WorldEdit is a creative mode tool, but I’ve configured it to use your inventory. There are some limitations to this; it doesn’t seem to like metadata much, so you can place a lot of stone or dirt with it, for example, but not andesite or coarse dirt; in the latter case it will just complain that you don’t have enough stone or dirt. But it’s handy for laying out big areas or, say, replacing the walls of a tunnel or the floor of a room.

If you feel so inclined, grab a blaze rod (that’s the WorldEdit ‘wand’ on the server) and give it a try. Left click a block to define the first corner of your selection, and right click a block to select the second corner. Thanks to the WorldEditCUI mod included in the modpack, you should be able to see your selection.

The following commands are enabled (the double slash is required):

//set <block>  – Sets the selection to the specified block. Uses your inventory.

//replace <block1> <block2> – Replaces the first block specified with the second. Uses your inventory.

//stack <number> – Copies and pastes the current selection over and over in the direction you’re facing the number of times you specify. Good for bridges, roads, and monolithic walls. Uses your inventory.

//thaw <radius> – Melts snow in the specified radius. Doesn’t require a selection.

//deselect – Clears your selection. A good thing to do when you’re done.

Any command that uses your inventory basically works like mining the blocks and replacing them, if it’s replacing anything that isn’t air. The blocks you get will be the normal result of mining them, so for example if you replace a bunch of stone, you’ll get cobble. If you replace grass, you’ll get dirt. If you replace glass, you won’t get anything.

You can’t replace any blocks with air, so you can’t mine for “free”.

Also, anything that is “mined” as a result of an operation will enter your inventory automagically, not be dropped as an item. So if you exceed your inventory space, anything you’d normally get is lost to the ether.

Enjoy, and let me know how it goes.

Spigot’s Back

The Spigot devs were bringing their A-Game last night apparently and that villager crash bug I found has already been fixed, so I’ve set us back up with Spigot and all the plugins listed in the initial post.

Same disclaimer applies; let me know if you find anything fucked up and I’ll fix it as soon as I can. Given that I’m a crazy person who apparently rebuilds Spigot from source and reuploads it over breakfast on a Tuesday morning, I’m guessing that will be relatively quickly.